Durable Rolling Grilles With Multiple Benefits
New Jersey Door Works’ Rolling Grilles offer total security, visibility, and ventilation in a number of patterns and finishes for commercial, industrial, retail, and institutional applications. These grilles are available in steel, aluminum, or stainless steel to meet any need.
New Jersey Door Works’ Rolling Grilles are designed to maximize security, visibility, and ventilation. The durable construction technique used ensures that the grilles will offer many years of reliable and consistent performance.
An Attractive And Practical Solution For Your Counter Shutter Needs
Our attractive counter shutters harmonize with virtually any building decor while protecting property from pilferage and unauthorized entry.
DS-50 Roll-Up Counter Shutters are available in round or square profiles. The continuous curtains are made from hot-dipped galvanized steel, and then finished with silicone polyester paint for beauty and durability.
Steel slide-bolt assemblies at each inside bottom corner secure the shutter in its fully closed position. Both slide-bolts also accept padlocks. A sliding mini curtain lock also is available for securing the shutter from outside.
DS-50 Roll-Up Counter Shutters are available in sizes up to 6 ft. high and 12 ft. wide in a variety of standard and special colors. You get the counter shutters you need with timely delivery and attractive pricing. Write, call or fax us for specifying/ordering information.
- Corrugated counter shutter, available in round or square profile, is hot-dipped galvanized 26-Ga. steel, primed then finished with high gloss silicone polyester paint.
- Polypropylene anti-wear strips come factory-installed as continuous guides for sliding metal parts, providing quieter operation and longer service life.
- Rigid support bracket with bearings hold constant shutter tension, and allow easy adjustments.
- Bottom bar assembly includes heavy-duty steel angle, extruded aluminum bottom bar and replaceable tubular-type vinyl astragal.
- Slide-bolt assemblies fabricated of heavy-duty steel lock the closed shutter from inside at both bottom corners. For added security, the slide bolts also accept padlocks.
- Roll-up shutter guides are extruded aluminum, 2″ wide. DS-50 guides install to masonry, steel or wood construction equally well.
- Automatic door stops prevent shutter from rolling up past the header.
- Oil-tempered steel spring is engineered to counterbalance different shutter sizes and weights for smooth, easy operation. The spring is shot peened to increase strength and add cycle life to the spring.
- Heavy-duty steel axle supports shutter curtain and counterbalance system.
Spotlight: Wayne-Dalton Model 600 Roll-Up Grilles
- SIZES UP TO 42′ WIDE AND 26′ HIGH
- VARIETY OF PATTERNS AND MATERIALS
- EXTREMELY DURABLE CONSTRUCTION
Materials & Construction
Standard features include 5/16” galvanized steel horizontal rods, continuous from jamb to jamb, and covered with aluminum tubes. Vertical links are aluminum. End links ensure that the grille cannot be pulled from guides. The bottom bar is a tubular aluminum extrusion, fitted with nylon end caps which act as bearing surfaces.
Optional cylinder lock assembly in bottom bar activates concealed 3/8” steel tamperproof lock rods. Lock uses standard mortise cylinder, and is also available with an optional removable core. Center locks available up to 25′ wide.
Aluminum grille patterns are available in clear, mill, or bronze anodized finishes. Optional materials are #304 finished stainless steel and galvanized steel.
Powder coating is available in 180 colors. Powder coating is a dry finishing process in which finely ground particles of pigment and resin are electrostatically charged and sprayed onto the electrically grounded parts of rolling doors.These charged particles adhere to the rolling door parts until they melt and fuse into a solid coating in a curing oven. The result is a finish that radiates beauty and smoothness for an aesthetically pleasing grille.
Operation can be manual push-up, chain, crank, or motor-operated. Door mounting can be self-supporting, using structural tubes, or directly to the building structure.
Counterbalance assembly consists of a spring barrel which serves as a load-carrying beam. It encases the counterbalance mechanism and provides the axis around which the curtain coils. (Deflection is limited to 0.033″ per lineal foot of span.) If required, barrel rings of malleable iron or stamped steel may be provided to assure proper counterbalance. Oil-tempered, torsion-type counterbalance springs are wound from heat-treated steel, providing accuracy in balancing the door. Barrel plugs connect ends of springs to barrel and tension rod. Tension rod of steel shafting holds fixed ends of springs and carries torsional load of spring counterbalance.
Spring tension adjusting wheel is normally mounted outside the bracket on end of tension rod. Inside adjusting wheel for tight side-room applications is available in limited sizes.
Optional hood cover encloses curtain coil and counterbalance mechanism and is made to match the grille finish.