8 Steps for Planning the Perfect Tailgate
Here at New Jersey Door Works, we’re usually talking about stuff like home values, accessibility, safety, and of course, garage doors. But one use that isn’t usually discussed for your driveway and garage – a place to have a safe and fun cookout and tailgate!
You don’t need end zone tickets for the perfect football party. Your garage, if well prepared, can be host to the best football party of the season.
Its summertime right now, preseason is now underway for most NFL teams and in a few short weeks it will be football season. Here are some tips for hosting a terrific tailgate party in your own driveway, just follow these easy steps.
• Clean your garage! Make sure that you have the TV front and center, enough chairs set up, the food tables set up in easy to access areas, and all hazardous materials safely put away.
• Contact the local authorities, such as your town and the local police. Make sure they know when and for how long your tailgate is. Pre planning these events will ensure that everything goes smoothly, avoid any of those unforeseen Sunday headaches and leave lots of time for some football, food, family and friends!
• Plan the food! Make sure that the grills are fired up (in fire safe areas) for those hamburgers and hotdogs. That the macaroni salads, salads, chips and salsa and pretzels are ready to go. Don’t forget the plates, utensils, cups and napkins, as it would be kind of hard to enjoy a meal without them!
• Inspect your garage door. This is a great time to do a top to bottom inspection of garage door to make sure that it is working properly. You can reach out to us with any questions, we’re happy to help.
• Safety first – in case the unthinkable happens, make sure that your guests can evacuate your home. tra
• Keep it fun, but be respectful – make sure that noise levels do not bother your neighbors, especially after dark.
• Parking – make sure you have enough parking. This is a tailgate!
• Watch Football & Party responsibly. Call cabs or get Ubers for those that may have had a more than a few, they will thank you on Monday.
If you follow these steps, your tailgate will be a smash hit, maybe even a touchdown! As football season comes up, we’d love to hear your stories, use hashtag #NJDWtailgate on your social media posts pertaining to this article! As always, we here at New Jersey Door Works are happy to help you with any aspect of your residential garage door systems, give us a call today!